Really, this could be a ladies’ / girls’ / guys’ night out basket, but the general idea is supplies you’d need / want for going out or to a party. I made this for my sister-in-law who has a young son (and now, a year later, another one on the way), as I know how much she enjoys the rare occasions to get out of the house and have a little fun.
As with most of my baskets, I started by picking my theme, creating a long list of materials to pick up and then hitting The Dollar Tree to find as much as possible. Of course, there are always things I can’t find there, but it’s a good way to get a deal on a number of things so I have more room in my budget for bigger ticket items or to build an even bigger basket of stuff!
For this basket, I included the following:
- Her favorite drink to pregame with (Crown and Coke – mini bottles of each)
- I tend to use old school glass bottles for baskets I make, where possible; I think it gives a more sophisticated look (it’s probably all in my head)
- Aleve / Tylenol
- Band-aids (hello blisters!)
- 5-hour energy (to go all night!)
- Dunkin’ Donuts gift card (for coffee/breakfast the morning after OR a super late night drunk snack – open 24 hours)
- And of course, the “basket” which was really just a small tub from the DT
I kept this basket pretty small, but other ideas you could include are:
- Mini / regular flask
- Foldable shoes (I tried finding these for her but couldn’t find a pair I liked)
- Uber / Lyft gift card
- Condoms (depending how you roll…)
- Glow sticks
- Mixed CD or playlist
- Any other essentials you / your friends always need on a good night out!
Happy basket building!