I (semi-recently) learned that I’m pregnant with my first child. That probably means you’re about to start seeing a lot of baby-related posts on here, but I’ll try to keep it under control.
Today is all about a gift idea for someone else though (but not a bad idea to build this for yourself if you’re also expecting/a new mom). My SIL is 10 weeks ahead of me in her 3rd pregnancy. Since it’s #3, she’s not having a shower, but I still wanted to give her a gift as she’s about to undertake a massive task – bringing another human into the world.
We’ve been talking a lot about pumping / breastfeeding, so I decided, why not put together a little pumping / nursing basket for her.
Here are the essentials I included:
- Drink bottle – apparently nursing makes you incredibly thirsty (note, I didn’t get a water bottle, but rather got a bottle that can be used for hot OR cold beverages, has a straw and also is spill-proof); I’m thinking about customizing it with my cricut, but not sure what I want to put on it. Leave any ideas in the comments!
- Healthy snacks – when you’re sitting there pouring yourself into another human, or into a baggie, I guess you get hungry. I included some healthier, low calorie snacks including:
- Bentons breakfast biscuit bites (chocolate) – Belvita knockoff from Aldi
- FiberNow coffee cake brownies – FiberOne knockoff from Aldi
- Simply Nature Sea Salted Popcorn – Smartfood knockoff from Aldi
- Pretzel Slims (Everything flavor) – you guessed it – knockoff brand from Aldi
- Diapers – in case you need one before or after your feeding
- Wipes – see above
- A onesie – in case of emergency / blowout
- Tissues – just a nice-to-have for a variety of reasons
- Nipple pads – things may get a little leaky on the not-in-use side
- Nipple cream – well, because your nips are about to go through it…
All in all, a useful little basket that is thoughtful and more focused on mom. So often we go all out buying clothes and toys and things for the tiny human when there is a new baby on the way and we forget all about treating the adult humans who will care for them!
Hope you found this useful. Let me know what other essentials I may have missed in my basket in the comments.