Wow – I can’t believe how long it’s been since my last post! Needless to say, I’ve had some other things going on (namely, a baby, which you can read related posts about here).
If you’re up to date on what I’ve written about so far this year, then you probably know I’m on a gift basket kick (and it doesn’t stop with this one… A coffee basket, “oh shit” baby kit, number of prize baskets, little explorer set, college survival kit, and local flavor basket are still to come!).
This gift was for my niece who turned 4. Kids get SO MANY toys these days that I wanted to get her something that’d be fun and she could get excited about, but that wouldn’t just be yet another thing she’d outgrow and would clog up her bedroom or playroom.
This is also a great gift if you have a set budget for two reasons:
1. You can get as few or as many things to go in it as you can afford. It’s totally customizable.
2. You can get lots of great additions at pretty cheap prices without sacrificing quality. I made this entire basket from a trip to the Dollar Tree.
Below is a list of items I put in my basket, but remember:
- Customize it for the recipient – I wanted easy to work with materials for little hands; for an older recipient, you could get paints, brushes, and other more advanced craft tools and supplies. Or, if you know your recipient has specific craft passions (like using a cricut or a sewing machine), you could get items that specifically work with that.
- These are just a starting point – if you see something that speaks to you, go for it!
- Present your collection of items in a usable basket or container and finish it with a cellophane wrap and some ribbon.
Items in my craft basket:
- Double sided tape
- Glue stick
- Washi tape
- Glue dots
- Pop up dots (for 3D crafting)
- Sticky note pads (I got one that is shaped like the letter of her first name and a few others in fun shapes and colors)
- Crayons (neon and glitter – all kids need both, let’s be serious)
- Kid scissors
- Pipe cleaners
- Mini clipboard and notepad
- 3 Hole punch
- 2 colors of glitter paper
- A pad of colored paper and half sheets of colored paper
And the best part… The shopping! This gift is not only great for your recipient but will be enjoyable for you to put together too. Have fun!